On Wednesday (2.8) I went shopping after Jaxon's nap for a few essentionals (milk, bread, eggs) that we had run out of, and decided to take Jax out for a birthday lunch. I don't know what made me do that the day before his birthday....but it worked out nicely for him. We went to Chic-Fil-A and he had such a great time! I was having cramps, but nothing serious or consistent. I texted Josh that when he got home I was going to need to lay down. (I have been having contractions since the beginning of December and just have to stop the activity and lay still to quell them). Jaxon was so cute running around and playing in the play area. It is so nice that he can walk and play on his own! We got home and when I was putting away the groceries I felt a contraction that took my breath away. Then another 6 minutes later, then in 6 minutes-another. However, they weren't as intense as I remember labor being with Jaxon. I called the birth center and they told me to take a shower and see if that intensified them or if it may stop them. I called my doula and she came right over to the house. I took a shower and the contractions all but stopped. I was so disappointed. I called TBC back and told them I thought it was a false alarm and they told me to get my behind in the car and come down that I was having the baby that night. I thought they were being too cautious, and told them I didn't want to make the trip down there and then get sent home. So they told me unless I wanted to have the baby in the car, I needed to start making the trip. So Josh ran over to our neighbors house and luckily she was home and able to sit with Jaxon--who was already in bed.
We got in the car and started the trip and within 10 min I was having contractions again less than 3 min apart. By the time I got to TBC I was 7cm, but my water had still not broken, this was just before 10pm. I got in the tub and labored in there for about 2 hours. When the midwife checked me I was 9cm and she told me I needed to get out so they could break my water. After she did that I felt like I had to push. Grayson was so low that he was practically peeking out at us by the time I was pushing. After my first honest push I hear the midwife say "Oh wow, this baby is coming and coming fast, Get me the kit!". (In her defense, if she had read my history with Jaxon, I pushed for 3.5 hours before he came, so there is no way she would have anticipated such a quick pushing experience). I was pushing like a mad woman because I did not want to feel the pain for 1 second longer than I had to. From the first push to the last was under 5 minutes. His head and shoulders popped out and my midwife said "reach down and get your baby!". I didn't think that I would want to do that, but when she said it I totally did. I pulled him out the rest of the way and burst into tears. Grayson Cole was born at 1:16 on February 9, 2012, weighing in at 8.14lbs and 21in.
We stayed the required 4 hours and were home before 6am, also before Jaxon woke up. My sweet doula came back to our house with us and got up with Jaxon so Josh and I could have a quick nap.
The whole process, timing, just everything about it was such an answer to our prayers. We could not be happier!
Thanks for the birth story, Kristi. I didn't know you pulled him out-bravo. Hope Jaxon is taking naps for you. When the weather is nice you can take them both for walks-that will tire him out. Looking forward to more pictures. The boys will be getting a pkg-20% off of $4.95-couldn't resist Love, Nana
ReplyDelete