Jaxon turned 4 months today! I watched our birth video and cried. What a glorious day. Hard, painful, scary, but glorious all the same. Jaxon is doing great and still thriving. He is still battling his cold from last week although most of his symptoms are gone except for the nasal congestion, which makes eating hard for him, but I have just been feeding him smaller amounts more often and that seems to work and also is helping flush out whatever this bug is that has ahold of him.
Jaxon is so cute with his monkey now. He loves to sit with him and is getting good at "imitating" the monkey and copying his poses. He loves to knock him over, which always cracks Jaxon up. He also got his first shoulder ride with Daddy. He was so happy up there using J's hair as reigns.
He is starting to really like his little activity center that we got him a few weeks ago. His feet are flat on the bottom dome, he is spinning the toys that spin, grabbing others and is still pretty confused by the frog. He is getting a jumper soon so there will be pics to follow! He is, and has been for a while, rolling over onto his side but not all the way on to his belly. I think that is going to take a while since his belly is so big, I can't imagine that would be comfortable to want to roll over onto it. I remember when I was pregnant and being on my belly was the last place I wanted to be.
He is getting better at grabbing things--toys, teethers, and ANYTHING he can get his hands on goes right into his mouth. Also he has started to spin himself around while in his crib. Meaning I put him in feet facing one direction and I go to get him the next morning and they are facing the opposite direction. This morning he was actually laying sideways facing me when I went in. Won't be long before he won't fit in that direction. He has his 4 month check up on Friday so we should have some updates for you then (I also have my first check up since his birth that day).
After two and a half weeks it seems that I have FINALLY gotten him to nap in his crib. I am hoping that it is easier once he is fully healthy, but I am at least glad he is doing the 2 hours up there now. So much nicer for me to have a solid couple hours to get some work around the house done. I can't imagine having him sleeping in that swing anymore! Hopefully once he beats this cold it will be easier, I can put him up there awake, but tired, and he will put himself to sleep just like he does at night.
I am loving every minute of my new life. I was just telling Josh the other day that every day is better than the one before it, so I am literally living the best day of my life everyday. I am so blessed to have such a fantastic baby and wonderful husband who can provide so I can stay home. I could not ask for more.
On another note--I will no longer be posting weekly photos, we will be moving to monthly shots from here on out. Will still post significant events with photos, but the "photo shoots" will wait for each month from here on out. With the summer on the rise and a few mini vacations on the calendar you can be sure there will be plenty to report!
No comments:
Post a Comment