Ahhh where to begin.....Jaxon is enjoying the summer and the nice weather that allows us to be outside for 80% of his waking hours. It is so nice for him to be able to run around and get fresh air instead of being cooped up inside. Grayson seems to enjoy the outdoors too, albeit in the Baby Bjorn. We spend most of their time outside on walks or playing in the yard. Jax is saying a few words--"sit", "go go go", "mom and mommy", "dada" and of course "no". He comprehends alot more than he is able to express with words. I can ask him to go and get his juice cup and he knows what I am asking and can retrieve the cup for me. Or if I ask him to get his blanket or his shoes, he can complete simple tasks like that. He also understands if I offer him milk and juice and will reach for the juice. He is still loving his little brother and happy to be around him. He is all smiles when Grayson gets up from a nap and joins the party. He is eating like a champ too and is willing to try anything. Although he is definitely not shy to spit it out if he doesn't like it. He still is not getting enough milk, so we are working on that. He is growing up and it having more fun with Josh now that he is more able to play. He will run and "hide" when we chase him and he laughs the whole time in anticipation. Such a doll! He is working his way from 2 naps down to 1 nap a day and that is testing both his and my patience. On the days where he gets at least 2 hours in at that 1 nap we are good; but on the days where it is a shorter nap 45-an hour he is hell on wheels. But I know this too shall pass.
Grayson is growing up too fast as well. He is in 6 & 6-9 months clothes. The other day he wore a 9 month hoodie and I almost cried. He was sleeping through the night for a few weeks and then this past week has been up every couple hours. It is the WORST!! I am hoping that it is just a growth spurt so that it will pass quickly. I started him on purees this week, so I am hoping the more substantial food will help as well. He seems to love the sweet potatoes. He has his 4 month check up coming up this week, so there will be more stats to come. He is smiling when he sees our (Josh and my) faces; which is the best! And he is giggling now, which is fantastic. I forgot how great that sound is. He has also started to grab onto and hold his little flutterbug that hangs from his carseat. He isn't reaching for toys that I hold in front of him, but they will hold his attention. He has been working on sitting up in the bumbo, but hasn't rolled over yet. He does not like tummy time, but I remember Jaxon hating it too--and he turned out fine, so I am not too worried about it. He is a really social baby, like Jaxon was/is. If he is sitting in a seat in one room and the people move to another room he will cry until he is moved in with everyone else.
We are gearing up for summer and the many mini vacations and long weekends that we have coming up, so I am really hoping to have Grayson sleeping through the night and on some sort of schedule before that begins or else I am really doing myself in. I remember how awful last summer was with Jaxon trying to make the rounds to visit everyone and having him in a different place on a different schedule everyday and how long it took me come September to get him back on track. I can only imagine how tough that will be with two. Hopefully we will be able to avoid all of that drama.
No comments:
Post a Comment