My sweet boys have completed another month of their lives and are now 15 and 3 months old!! I couldn't get them to sit still together for a photo shoot so I just have a breakfast photo of each of them.
Grayson is doing great! He is gaining weight steadily and has begun to work on sitting up in his bumbo. The biggest news is he is now (and has been for almost a month) SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! Yay!!! They still keep me pretty tired, but it is for sure a whole new world with a solid nights sleep. Gray is babbling up a storm, it is the best! He is smiling and giggling and it couldn't make us any happier. He is still sleeping in his cradle, so soon I will need to start working on getting him to sleep in his crib. I almost don't want to since the summer is only a couple weeks away and we will be traveling a lot so he will be all messed up and I will have to start over anyway.
Jaxon is developing at, what seems to me, an alarming rate. It seems like every time he wakes up he has learned a new skill or process. He LOVES shoes :) He is always carrying around a spare pair just in case. He goes down for a nap and will take his spare pair and work on putting them on and off until he falls asleep. He will also take my sandals on and off while we sit on the couch. If I'm not paying close enough attention he will pull on my toes to lift my foot so he can put the shoe back on. He helps with Grayson all day. If he is crying Jax will find a bottle and bring it to him. And when I am burping him, Jax will come over and take Gray's bib and wipe his mouth for him. What!?! I know. It's too much. Jax has also been enjoying coloring, and "cooking" in his new play kitchen. He can also now go both up and down the steps. He has taken 2 serious falls so far, but has survived both with only a few bruises. He is so tall he can almost just walk right up or down, which is when he typically falls.
Since his 12 month appointment he has LOST a pound! We believe it is his refusal to take milk in a sippee cup. When Josh took him in for his 15 month appt the doc said we should flavor it, which made me feel really dumb for not thinking of that sooner. I found a strawberry syrup from Hershey that is low calorie that he loves, so magically he has been drinking milk normally again. His height continues to soar, hes a big boy!
I have basically stopped breastfeeding. He gets 1 daily dose in the morning, we call it his vitamins, and then formula the rest of the day. He is on the gerber soy just like Jaxon and seems to like it. I packed up all the newborn stuff and my heart was aching. The boppys, newborn bottles, my pump and storage bottles, and all the clothes he has already outgrown. He is growing up much too fast!
I have started to make purees for Grayson since he is only 2 weeks away from starting them! I feel like it was yesterday I was making these for Jaxon. Time sure flies. I am excited for it though as it will mean less formula.
No comments:
Post a Comment